Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Day out in Bebek: Lucca & Kitchenette...

Hi everyone!

It has been a while since my last post as I really didn't have anything new to share - until now!

Actually, my social life has really gone down the tubes in the last few weeks! Sure, mom takes me out every morning and very night to "do my business" and we walk around the neighborhood for about 30 minutes each time, but what I really enjoy is our long excursions to some of the places she likes to hang out!

First the bad weather in Istanbul affected our outings... it rained for days!!! In fact, when we went out for our morning and evening walks, my mom made me wear this raincoat! Yes, it is nice, but boy did I give her a tough time while she was trying to put it on me! (see my profile photo on right hand column).

Then the weather got cold and THIS TIME, she put this other outfit on me to protect me from the cold! As you can see from the expression on my face, I wasn't thrilled!


Other times, she went out on her own and explained to me - even though I wasn't thrilled at the thought, but was still understanding - that there are certain places that she just can't take me, so I just hung out at home on my own. Actually, I don't mind being home alone as my mom doesn't lock me up in one area and I still have a run of the entire house. And...I'm good! I don't mess up anything - it's not my style!

As usual, we went for our daily morning walk yesterday and for a change, it was a mild and sunny day! When we got back home, after breakfast mom kept on looking at me and said I needed a haircut.. and a bath wouldn't be such a bad idea either she said! So, she called the guy who does my cut and wash and he said we could come by at 3:00pm.

To be quite honest with you, when my mom started getting ready to go out, I felt it was going to be another day of being home alone. You cannot imagine my excitement when I realized I was going too!

We left the house at 2:30pm and walked up to the main street to get a cab. Unfortunately, the taxi stand and most of the cab drivers  in our neighborhood do not allow animals in the cab! For the life of me I don't understand this rule! I'm a small dog... I always sit obediently in my mom's lap... so, what's the big deal! In fact, mom says I'm even cleaner and act better than some of the humans who ride taxis! Some throw there waste in the car - others eat and get their crumbs all over the seats and the kids have a tendency of kicking the back of the front seat and you can see their footprints!

Long story short, after 10 minutes, we got a cab and went to my groomer in Akaretler. But to my mom's surprise and chagrin, he wasn't there! He had cancelled our appointment without calling my mom! She got very angry and from now on, will be taking me to my original groomer at Animalia! This is the second time he cancelled an appointment at the last second!

So, the next thing I know we are in another cab heading somewhere... when we arrived, I realized where we were  - Lucca (www.luccastyle.com) in Bebek!

I hate to sound like a snob, but I have pretty much been a "regular" at Lucca after I started living with my mom! Well, this is her favorite place and she does call it her second home!

Even though I am allowed to sit inside, we sat outside as 1) my mom smokes! 2) great heaters that you don't feel the cold!

So, I immediately "took the position" after mom moved from her 1st table to a more comfortable spot and I started checking out the comings/goings in the neighborhood and threw her glances from time to time too!

@ Lucca
 

There are many dogs in Bebek - some walk with the owners, but there are a lot of street dogs too, but they are all cool and I never have a problem with them. The other thing is, I'm not a "barker" and am friendly, yet aloof, so my 4-legged friends do not get angry or offended with me!

Since this is "my" story about Lucca, you can read my mom's own blog about Lucca - when she prepares a new write up... there she will tell you about the new menu items, etc. Her blog address is http://danislogbookdestinationistanbulbeyond.blogspot.com

I guess the reason I too enjoy going to Lucca is I feel at home too! Everyone - the wait staff and other customers are sooooo friendly!!!  
Most of the customers at Lucca always like to pet me and I show them my appreciation by jumping on top of them and some I also lick and "hug" in my own way! I really liked this lady in the photo with my mom (sorry I don't remember her name) and to my mom's surprise, jumped on top of the seat so that she could pet me more!  Normally, I prefer the ground!

Mom (aka Dani), me and "nice" lady (from left to right)

The wait staff is great too... my two "main" buddies are Ahmet (male) and Sonat (female)... both make sure to come by and give me a very warm welcome by petting me and they also bring me water when I get thirsty!

We were at Lucca for hours, so I got a major dose of being pampered by not only the people sitting next to us, but from other surrounding tables too...but I was started to get a little antsy!

Even so, I was having a good time and was in no major rush to leave, but when it finally got dark, I kinda gave my mom a look to say - it's time to go for a walk!


By this point, Lucca had gotten really crowded too and the "daytime" crowd was slowly departing and making room for the "nighttime" crowd.

So, we left Lucca a little after 6:30pm... now, I don't know how to tell time or what this means exactly, but that's what my mom says - all I know is that it was dark, but mom says that I do have this odd "internal" clock and she will be writing about that another time.

She then took me for a nice long walk in Bebek and we walked all the way up to the water's edge (Bosphorus) so that once again I could do my "business"! I am very familiar with the neighborhood so I knew where to sniff and where to go!

We then walked the whole way back and after we passed Lucca,  we continued walking instead of getting into a cab as we normally do to go home...

It appears mom got hungry and wanted to eat something before going home. I don't like to eat when I am out - I'm too busy just enjoying myself, so I could wait to eat when I got home.

She then took me to this other place that I was going for the first time - Kitchenette.

Kitchenette Bebek
I liked this place too! It was a nice big garden with lots of tables and once again, I was a hit with the very friendly waitstaff - they made me feel right at home!

It appears that mom also likes Kitchenette and used to be a regular at their branch at Kanyon Shopping Mall in Levent when she worked in the building next door. She doesn't get a chance to go as often now, but does stop by whenever she can. I can't go to the branch in Kanyon, but dogs are not allowed inside the mall, unless my mom carries me the entire time - which would be very difficult as I am about 5,5 kilos!

We left Kitchenette after she had a bite to eat and were home at around 9:00pm... all in all - I had a GREAT DAY!!!

So, I will now sign off... till the next time,




Luka

No comments:

Post a Comment